History


1428
First written mentionning: Schultheiss Wilhelm Velga von Freiburg.

1525
Successor Dorothea Velga marries "Hans Rudolf von Erlach Freiherr zu Spiez and Herr zu Riggisberg".

1560
Her daughter inherit as Miss "von Diesbach" the Murtenhof. The golden age of the patrician house begins.

1800
Brother-in-law Anton Kilchberger inherit the Diesbach properties including gardens and warehouse, the "Krone", the barn (today Valiant Bank) and various stables (Rathausgasse 4 and 6) and the Nr. 60 of Ryf Street.

1840
Sir Auguste Jean – Jaquet built a browery, pub and a distillery.

1854
Sir Joseph Weger is new owner.

1869
Mister Karl Spindler new owner.

1901
The ”Brewery Gurten” is new owner.

1920
Sir Albert Bohner is new owner of the pub and smithy.

1971
Big fire in the top of the house.

1978
Family Joachim new owner of Hotel Murtenhof.

2005
Takeover of the neighbouring Hotel Krone.










 

Hotel Murtenhof & Krone | Familie Joachim | Rathausgasse 1-3 | CH-3280 Murten | ++41 (0)26 672 90 30 | info@murtenhof.ch